We’ve been hearing a lot lately about uniform issues, in particular shoes/boots and even sock type. That being the case, let’s talk uniforms.
AFGE is concerned about the uniform requirements of the TSO’s. Some potential items we may be able to negotiate in the contract are the following:
- Permission to wear TSA jackets, shorts, sunglasses, and certain brands of shoes based on employee’s preference
- Permission to wear all current TSA garments, including jumpsuits, in public areas of the airports.
- Improve the quality of the uniforms
- Increase the uniform allowance
- Permit a greater diversity of personal appearance, e.g. long hair, long fingernails, earrings, etc.)
Please comment below with specific examples of problems you have had with your TSA uniform.
As always, please don’t post any SSI and remember that this blog is public so what you post is for all to see.